The history of Panerai begins in Florence, where Giovanni Panerai opened the city’s first watchmaker’s shop in 1860. The company’s history is forever linked to the Italian Navy, when Panerai became a supplier of precision navigation and time instruments to the Italian Navy for many years.
In May 2016 Panerai had some good news for Panerai aficionados: thinner and more elegant. These new models were shown to the Dutch press and retailers last Wednesday, so we finally had some hands-on time with the new models. When you think about Panerai, you think about the Italian Navy and about bold, sporty and thick watches. Ideal for diving, leisure and casual events. But for wearing with a business shirt and suit at work or a fancy party; you probably turned to other brands when you needed a dress watch.
Specifications of the Panerai Luminor Due Collection
PAM00647 and PAM00675
- Case: 45mm from left to right excluding the crown guard, 10.70mm in height, 3ATM or 30 meters water resistant, sapphire crystal on both sides, polished finishing, trade mark crown protecting device
- Movement: calibre P.4000 and P.4000/10, self-winding movement, 3 days power reserve, 2 main spring barrels, 3.95 mm thick, 31 jewels, 28,800 vph, off-centered oscillating weight (micro-rotor)
- Functions: hours, minutes and small seconds
- Strap and clasp: black alligator leather strap with ardillon buckle in the same metal as the case
PAM00676 and PAM00677
- Case: 42mm from left to right without the crown guard, 10.50mm in height, 3 ATM or 30 meters water resistant, sapphire crystal on both sides, polished finishing, trade mark crown protecting device
- Movement: calibre P.1000 or P.1000/10, manually wound movement, 3 days power reserve, 3.85 mm thick, 21 jewels, 28,800 vph, seconds reset to zero
- Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds
- Strap and clasp: black alligator leather strap, ardillon buckle in the same metal as the case